August 6, 2018 Board Agenda
AUGUST 6, 2018
4408 N. W. HWY 81
MONDAY 8:30 a.m.
Note: The Board of Education of Darlington School District C070 Canadian County, Oklahoma, may discuss, vote to approve, vote to disapprove, vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this agenda.
I. Call to order
II. Roll Call
III. RECOGNIZE VISITORS, VISITOR’S COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS
The Board welcomes public comment. Individuals or groups may address the Board concerning any subject which is within the Board’s jurisdiction. Three minutes will be allotted to each speaker and a maximum of fifteen minutes to each subject matter. Board members may not respond to speaker’s comments.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING(S):
A. June 28TH, 2018
V. TREASURER’S REPORT
A. Discuss/vote to approve or disapprove the treasurer’s report.
VI. APPROVAL OF ENCUMBRANCES AND/OR PURCHASE ORDERS
A. Encumbrances for General Fund, Child Nutrition Fund, Building Fund, Insurance Fund and Activity Funds for FY18, and FY19.
VII. AGENDA ITEMS
1. Board consideration and action concerning approving the 2018/2019 Darlington Student Handbook.
2. Board consideration and action concerning approving accumulating school hours instead of counting school days for 2018/2019.
3. Board consideration and action concerning approving the new contract with Jani-King for 2018-2019.
4. Board consideration and action concerning approving the Special Education cooperative with Okarche Public School for 2018/2019.
5. Board consideration and action concerning the approval of the School Board Policy Manual for 2018/2019.
6. Board consideration and action to approve Loren Tackett and or Gina Musae as Purchasing Agent for Darlington Independent School District, Authorized Representative for all Federal Programs including E-Rate and Child Nutrition, and Designated Custodian for the General Fund, Building Fund, Child Nutrition Fund, Bond Fund, Activity Fund, all Federal Programs, including E-Rate, all State Programs, and all other school programs and activities not listed for the 2018-2019 school year.
7. Board consideration and action concerning approval of Center for Educational Law as representative of Darlington Public School.
8. Board Consideration and action to solicit bids for new school vehicle.
9. Board consideration and action on approving Jr. High Softball Coop with El Reno Public Schools for the 2018-2019 school year.
VIII. SUPERINTENDENT’S REPORT (WITH NO ACTION TO BE TAKEN)
IX. BOARD MEMBER’S COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS
This agenda was posted Thursday, August 2, 2018.
Signature of person posting agenda: ____________________________________